Leaky Gut? What exactly does that mean?
Do you experience symptoms like:
- Chronic diarrhea, constipation, gas or bloating
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Headaches, brain fog, memory loss
- Excessive fatigue
- Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema or rosacea
- Cravings for sugar or carbs
- Arthritis or joint pain
- Depression, anxiety, ADD, ADHD
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease or Crohn’s
Sounds scary, but its reversible!
How to start healing your gut:
The first step in healing your gut is to eliminate foods that are causing the inflammation. I recommend eliminating gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar, caffeine and alcohol for 30 days.
In addition to eliminating the triggers, you can also start on a good probiotic to restore gut bacteria as well as ingesting a variety of healthy fats (coconut oil, avocado, olive, omegas).
Consume a diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables as well as grass-fed, and non-GMO/steroid or antibiotic injected protein sources.
It can take up to 3 months on a nutritious diet without the foods listed above to eliminate for you to see a full recovery with lessened or no symptoms.
It may seem like a challenge, but there is no value placed on creating a healthy gut and having life-changing symptoms go away!
Need a more detailed place to start? Download our 10-Day RealFood Reset Jump Start for FREE!
Ali Wells, BSN RN
The Holistic Health Nurse